We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Band 4 Dental Nurse to join the Community NHS Health Centre-based team in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
This is a full-time NHS-employed role, although we are open to hearing from applicants seeking to negotiate a part-time hours opportunity.
The current NHS Band 4 salary is £23,949 to £26,282 and this role offers a joining bonus of £1,500 (subject to criteria, available on application)
Current or previous NHS experience is not essential
The Trust provides dental services at various settings throughout Suffolk and Cambridgeshire, including an emergency service for all patients who are experiencing dental pain, facial trauma, swelling and excessive bleeding.
Also providing additional services for adults and children requiring specialised treatment, or who have special needs.
Job Brief – you will;
– take responsibility for the efficient and smooth day to day running of the surgery involving good dexterity skills and accuracy during procedures for the mixing of materials and the handling of fine instruments
– use judgmental and analytical skills to anticipate the needs of clinicians and patients.
– be prepared for any eventuality e.g. changes in planned treatment, medical emergencies and act promptly to deal with these
– maintain stock levels, re-ordering as necessary
– have a good knowledge of all dental equipment, its uses and its basic maintenance
A detailed Job Description and Person Specification is available on application
Person Specification – you will be;
– A qualified Dental Nurse
– Registered, or eligible for registration with the UK General Dental Council (GDC)
– Qualified in Dental Sedation is desirable but not essential.
– Able to deal with difficult situations/patients under pressure within a very busy service; to work flexibly as part of a team.
– Able to demonstrate excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
– Able to communicate through IT systems using packages such as word, excel and SOEL Health.
– A £1,500 Welcome Bonus
– Full NHS Employee Benefits apply
Applicants who require current a Certificate of Sponsorship to undertake employment in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications.
We are a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of Dental staff.
As a nurse-led consultancy, our detailed understanding of the complexity of such roles places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Dental Recruiting Managers.
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.