We are seeking a committed and Mental Health or General/Adult-registered Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse to join our client’s Community Drug and Alcohol Team (CDAT). Our client is the major Health facility on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
You will work as part of the CDAT as part of the MDT responsible for providing specialist substance misuse assessment and treatment to adults in the mental health service.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The current Guernsey Band 6 salary is up to £49,449 plus an annual bonus of £1,350 and higher unsocial hours enhancements; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
This unique integrated health service delivers a diverse range of services including diagnosing and treating patients in the island’s acute hospital complex, and supporting people with in the wider community.
The Community Drug and Alcohol Team (CDAT) works primarily with people over the age of 18yr who have a problematic and harmful alcohol and/or opiate dependence.
Guernsey provides an excellent Drug & Alcohol Community service, reliant on Healthcare professionals recruited to a high standard.
– Registered Nurse with full Adult or Mental Health registration with the NMC
– Two years experience with patients undergoing Drug and Alcohol withdrawal
– Completion of Mentorship qualification.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– A generous bonus scheme; £1,350 at completion of 1 & 3 years service and £4,350 at 2 & 4 years (ongoing annual bonus thereafter)
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000*
– On-site Staff Accommodation or a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.