Our client is the major Health facility on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands;we are seeking a committed and experienced Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse to join their Oncology Day Unit Team.
Reporting to the Clinical Nurse Specialist, you will;
– be competent to safely deliver systemic anti-cancer therapies (SACT) to a complex caseload of cancer patients on the oncology unit in line with agreed local and national standards.
– work independently assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating all aspects of care including assessing and advising on treatment related toxicities.
– act as a role model to support junior staff and students.
Competence in cannulation and venepuncture together with a good level of knowledge regarding oncology nursing practice will be expected.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The current Guernsey Band 6 salary range is £41,544 to £56,090 plus an annual bonus of £1,517 and higher unsocial hours enhancements; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave.
The Island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
This unique integrated health service delivers a diverse range of services including diagnosing and treating patients in the island’s acute hospital complex, and supporting people with in the wider community.
Guernsey provides excellent Cancer care, supported by modern equipment and reliant on Oncology care professionals recruited to a high standard.
– Registered Nurse with full NMC Registration.
– Two years current Band 5 Oncology experience.
– SACT competencypassportor equivalent.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– An annual bonus of £1,517
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000*
– Three months initial free accommodation*
– On-site Staff Accommodation or a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.