Our client is the major Health facility on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands;we are seeking a committed and experienced Band 6 Senior Mental Health Nurse/ Team Leader to join their Acute Inpatient Mental Health Team.
You will support and deputise for the Ward Manager as required, providing senior leadership to the team and take a lead role in service management and delivery acting as a role model in establishing standards for professional practice within the Unit.
The Unit is the only Acute Inpatient facility on the island of Guernsey, for patients experiencing severe symptoms requiring a period of inpatient stay.
The Unit aims to; provide care in the least restrictive environment, reduce service users’ vulnerability to crisis and maximise their resilience and minimise the length of hospital admission by facilitating early discharge with active involvement in discharge planning.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The current Guernsey Band 6 salary is up to £49,449 plus an annual bonus of £1,350 and higher unsocial hours enhancements; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave.
The Island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
This unique integrated health service delivers a diverse range of services including diagnosing and treating patients in the island’s acute hospital complex, and supporting people with in the wider community.
Guernsey provides excellent care, supported by modern equipment and reliant on Mental Health care professionals recruited to a high standard.
– Registered Mental Health Nurse with full NMC Registration.
– Two years current Band 5 Adult Acute Inpatient Mental Health experience.
– Completion of Mentorship qualification.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– A £11,400 bonus scheme; £1,350 at completion of 1 & 3 years service and £4,350 at 2 & 4 years (ongoing annual bonus thereafter)
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000*
– Three months initial free accommodation*
– On-site Staff Accommodation or a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.