We are seeking an experienced Band 7 Advanced Occupational Therapist to join the Paediatric Therapies team on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
Supporting the Lead for Children’s Occupational Therapy for the States of Guernsey you will:
– manage and co-ordinate a defined caseload of children and young people with complex needs from birth to 18 years.
– contribute to service development and clinical and service audits.
– develop and deliver training courses for staff, parents, teachers and other professionals.
– supervise junior Occupational Therapy staff, students and volunteers.
– be responsible for assessment and the implementation of evidenced based intervention plans.
– set functional goals in collaboration with the young person / parents / carers and multi-disciplinary team using standardised outcome measures.
– work as part of a multi-disciplinary sharing information and working together to meet the needs of children and young people and their families.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale, as above.
The current Guernsey Band 7 salary is up to £58,081 plus an annual bonus of £1,350 and higher unsocial hours enhancements; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave.
This unique integrated health service delivers a diverse range of services including diagnosing and treating patients in the island’s acute hospital complex, and supporting people with in the wider community.
Providing excellent Paediatric care, supported by modern equipment and reliant on Healthcare professionals recruited to a high standard.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
Qualified Occupational with full HCPC registration.
Post-graduate qualification at Masters level.
Current senior Band 6 or 7 specific Paediatric experience.
Experienced in supervision and mentorship of qualified OTs, Students and OT Assistants.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– An annual bonus of £1,286
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000*
– On-site Staff Accommodation*
– A generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
Jarrodean is a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of qualified Allied Health Professionals.
As a nurse-led consultancy, our detailed understanding of the complexity of the OT role places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Therapy Recruiting Managers.
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.