We are seeking a capable and experienced Band 7 Manager to lead the Supported Living team within Adult Learning Disabilites Service on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
In the Supported Living Service, Service Users have a range of care and support services delivered to their door from an on-site care and support team.
The Supported Living Team promote active support and independence within the scheme, in people’s homes and in the wider community. The Extra Care Scheme has amenities on site which include a restaurant and a hairdressers open to both residents and the public.
Reporting to the Band 8A Service Manager you will:
– Be responsible for the day to day management of a caseload of service users and staff team/s within the adult disability service
– Be accountable for the ongoing review, monitoring and updating of care programmes
– Be responsible and manage the allocated budget as delegated by the service manager, Adult Disability Services.
– Manage a staff team supporting service users with their own tenancies. Support is provided to service users to meet their physical, social, intellectual and emotional needs. This may include mental health issues, behaviours that challenge services and/or physical disability necessitating the use of hoists etc.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale. The current Band 7 salary is up to £58,081 plus an annual bonus of £1,350, higher penalty rates; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbor town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
This unique integrated health service delivers a diverse range of services including diagnosing and treating patients in the island’s acute hospital complex, and supporting people with in the wider community.
Providing an excellent Learning Disabilities Service, supported by modern equipment and reliant on Healthcare professionals recruited to a high standard.
NMC Registered Learning Disabilities or Mental Health Nurse, or registered Allied Health Professional or Social Worker
Significant post-graduate Adult Disabilites experience at senior level.
Completion of a recognised Teaching and Assessing/Mentorship qualification.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– An annual bonus of £1,350
– Registered Nurse applicants will recieve an additional £3,000 bonus on completion of two, then four years service.
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000*
– Three months initial free accommodation*
– On-site Staff Accommodation or a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.