We are seeking an experienced Band 7 Advanced Occupational Therapist to join the Hospital Admission Avoidance team on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
Supporting the OT Lead you will:
– plan, deliver and monitor the provision of admission avoidance Occupational Therapy Services to A&E and Acute wards).
– use specialist skills in the assessment and management of a range of patient groups, but primarily frail older people with complex presentations and demonstrate sound clinical reasoning to inform advanced decision making for rapid discharge planning.
– to work closely with the enhanced MDT to facilitate admission avoidance and discharge planning to improve patient outcomes and patient flow
– To have an active role in education of staff through in-service training, MDT training programmes, OT student training and work experience; and to work in an education role with other staff groups and with the wider MDT.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale, as above.
The current Guernsey Band 7 salary range is £50,030 to £65,789 plus an annual bonus of £1,517.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave.
This unique integrated health service delivers a diverse range of services including diagnosing and treating patients in the island’s acute hospital complex, and supporting people with in the wider community.
The States of Guernsey provides excellent Occupational Therapy care, supported by modern equipment and reliant on Healthcare professionals recruited to a high standard.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
Qualified Occupational with full HCPC registration.
Current senior Band 6 or Band 7 hospital-specific practice with substantial experience in Discharge planning/Admission avoidance.
Experienced in supervision and mentorship of qualified OTs, Students and OT Assistants.
Experience in teaching of staff, patients and peers
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– An annual bonus of £1,286
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000*
– On-site Staff Accommodation*
– A generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
Jarrodean is a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of qualified Allied Health Professionals.
As a nurse-led consultancy, our detailed understanding of the complexity of the OT role places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Therapy Recruiting Managers.
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.