AfC employees in Guernsey awarded a further 5.8% from the 1st January 2024.
We are seeking a capable and experienced Band 7 Clinical Nurse Specialist to join the Pain Management Team on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
The post is a Band 7 role with the possibility of progressing to a band 8A (£67K-£80K)
Reporting to the Pain Clinical Nurse Consultant you will;
– provide pain management to patients with acute, sub-acute and chronic pain conditions across the Island of Guernsey.
– work with all members of the MDT to ensure the continuity of pain relief is provided that is holistic, effective and individualised to meet the patient’s need.
– attend daily Inpatient ward round, Outpatient clinicx, Outpatient titration, Weaning medication clinics, Transition clinic and clinics on the island of Alderney as may be required
– complete adhoc patient reviews post discharge and to participate in weekly integrated team meetings.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The Guernsey Band 7 salary range from 1st Jan is £52,932 to £69,605 plus an annual bonus of £1,605 higher penalty rates; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbor town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
This unique integrated health service delivers a diverse range of services including diagnosing and treating patients in the island’s acute hospital complex, and supporting people with in the wider community.
Providing an excellent care, supported by modern equipment and reliant on Healthcare professionals recruited to a high standard.
Registered Nurse with full registration with the NMC.
Current Band 6 experience (or non-NHS equivalent) in a Pain Management role
Completion of a recognised Teaching and Assessing/Mentorship qualification.
The benefits of working for The States of Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– A generous bonus scheme; £1,605
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000*
– Three months initial free accommodation*
– On-site Staff Accommodation or a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.