Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Registered Nurses or Allied Health Professionals to join the Quality & Patient Safety Team as one of four Quality Improvement Managers based at the main Hospital in Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
The team cover then entire island-wide health service including all Acute and Emergency, Women & Children’s, Mental Health & Learning Disabilities, in both Inpatient and Community services.
You will be an excellent communicator, welcome to bring new ideas on qualifty and risk to the role in which you will;
– react to clinical areas to indentify safety risks
– provide support and advise on the assessment, prevention and management of risk, clinical effectiveness and quality
– closely monitor the standards of practice, identifying and ensuring factors which may impact on the quality of patient/client care are adhered to.
– advise on appropriate risk assessment strategies
– provide leadership and guidance in promoting service user involvement in the planning, delivery and evaluation of care.
– provide training and guidance in the dissemination of governance processes and activities across the organisation.
– liaise with Service User and members of the public as required around complaints, compliments and service developments.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbor town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
Please note; The States of Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale. The current Band 7 salary is up to £65,789 plus an annual bonus of £1,517 and higher penalty rates; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
Registered Nurse or Allied Health Professional with appropriate UK statutory registration.
A Teaching/Mentoring qualification.
Excellent written, oral and electronic communication skills.
The ability to multi-task
The willingness and ability to present information to a large range of professionals and accept challenge on the information presented.
Current or recent experience at senior Band 6 level or equivalent with experience in Acute and/or Community Healthcare.
Previous Quality/Risk experience would be an advantage.
The benefits of working in for The States of Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– An annual bonus of £1,517 each February
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000*
– Generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
We are a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of Healthcare staff.
As a nurse-led consultancy, our detailed understanding of the unique challenges of Management roles has placed us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Recruiting Managers.
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.