AfC employees in Guernsey awarded a further 5.8% from the 1st January 2024.
We are seeking an appropriately-skilled and qualified Emergency Nurse Practitioner to join the A&E team at the major health facility on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
You will work within the 12 bedded emergency department that treats all emergency attendances across the Island of Guernsey.
The department comprises of 5 major bays, 1 paediatric bay, 2 resuscitation bay, an eye room, a triage room and minor assessment room.
The department that treat approximately 18,000 patients a year both adults and children.
Reporting to the Emergency Department Nurse Manager you will;
– have advanced knowledge and skills in emergency care and be recognised as a clinically autonomous practitioner.
– practice within emergency care to provide patient centred clinical care. This will encompass the skills of assessment, examination, diagnosis and treatment within their scope of practice within the ED.
– work alongside the ED doctors to assist in the safe referral and discharge of patients with un-differentiated and undiagnosed presentations in any area of the ED.
– work within their level of competence and locally agreed guidelines to facilitate care to meet the needs of patients and their families.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The Guernsey Band 8A salary range from 1st Jan is £67,355 to £80,716 plus an annual bonus of £1,605 and higher unsocial hours enhancements; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
This unique integrated health service delivers a diverse range of services including diagnosing and treating patients in the island’s acute hospital complex, and supporting people with in the wider community.
Providing an excellent Critical care, the Unit is supported by modern equipment and reliant on Healthcare professionals recruited to a high standard.
Masters degree in Advanced Clinical Practice qualification
Non-medical Prescribing qualification
Current or recent post-registration Emergency Department experience at Band 7 level
The benefits of working for the States of Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– A £1,605 annual bonus
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– On-site Staff Accommodation or a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.