Applications are invited from suitably-experienced Registered Nurses to lead the team as Clinical Manager at our clients 45 bedded Nursing and Residential Care Home on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
The home was originally a charitable organisation, established in 1948 and was recently acquired by the States of Guernsey, Health & Social Care.
– take professional accountability for the clinical management of the home
– promote a caring environment for the residents through high standards of professional practice which are conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of the residents
– demonstrate leadership of the staff team and to act as a positive role model ensuring a visible presence in the home
– ensure that each resident receives care appropriate to their individual needs
– manage expenditure in line with allocated budget
– implement the recognised outcomes of inspection and regulation
The ethos of care at the home is to provide appropriate and individualised care for each resident.
Particular attention is paid to providing an extremely high standard of personalised care with choice, rights and wishes all taken into account.
With Residential and Nursing beds, residents are able to transfer as required without the need to move as care needs increase.
The current Guernsey Band 6 salary range is up to £56090 plus an annual bonus of £1,517 and higher unsocial hours enhancements; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave.
The high standards of this is organisation is reliant on the excellent calibre of Nursing staff recruited to a very high standard.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
Registered Nurse (RMN, RGN, RNLD) with current NMC Registration.
Current or recent experience at Senior level in a care of the older person setting
Passionate about working with as part of a small committed team, ensuring quality care.
The benefits of working for The States of Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– A generous bonus scheme; £1,517
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000*
– Three months initial free accommodation*
– On-site Staff Accommodation or a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
We are a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of Healthcare staff.
As a nurse-led consultancy our detailed understanding of the complexity of Aged Care roles places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Recruiting Managers.
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.