Applications are invited for an experienced Registered Nurse or Paramedic with appropriate clinical triage experience to join our client’s Urgent Care Team as Clinical Advisor – supporting the delivery of the NHS 111 Telephone Triage Service.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference to people’s everyday lives and contribute towards helping the overall NHS service.
This role will ultimately be home-based after completion of seven weeks (full-time equivalent) training and a probation period of up to six months, which must be undertaken in the Bedford Centre (Bedfordshire)
There is opportunity for either full-time or part-time roles, with shifts to cover a 24/7 rota including weekends and bank holidays.
In addition to the benefit of local NHS knowledge, applicants must be in a position to be able to attend the Centre in person, for occasional meetings and future training if required.
The salary for this role is commensurate with NHS Band 6 (£19.54 per hour) with shift enhancements for evenings, nights, weekends and bank holidays (up to £25.43 per hour)
Summary of role:
– To carry out complex clinical triage, providing assessment, advice and information to the patient.
– Utilising your professional judgement in referring callers to other agencies as appropriate.
– Responding to and assisting call handlers in the management of critical situations.
– Manage the patient flow whilst ensuring patient safety.
– Registered Nurse or Paramedic with full NMC or HCPC registration.
– Minimum of two years’ appropriate post-registration clinical experience, able to evidence excellent Triage skills including both Adults and Children.
– Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
– A dedicated workspace at home (if not applying for a centre-based role)
A full job description is available upon application.
Successful applicants will enjoy career development and the opportunity to work alongside a multidisciplinary team of other healthcare specialists.
The additional benefits include:
– Non contractual bonus awards and incentive payments
– 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays (pro-rota to hours)
– NHS pension scheme
– Blue Light Card, NHS discounts and Perkbox discounts, offering staff access to over 200 perks and discounts at major stores, cinemas and restaurants
– Annual staff award programme
– A wide range of personal and professional development opportunities for all staff
– Employee Assistance Programme offering free legal, financial and counselling advice
– Free Starbucks hot drinks (some sites only)
Jarrodean is a leading healthcare recruitment partner with expertise in the placement of the full range of qualified clinical staff.
As a nurse-led consultancy, our detailed understanding of the complexity of the Clinical Advisor role places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Recruiting Managers.
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.