We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Clinical Psychologist/Neuropsychologist to join our client’s busy Neuro Complex Care team at their unique purpose-built Neurological Care and Neuro-Rehab Centre based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
This is a part-time post of three days per week, pro-rata the above FTE salary but we are open to hearing from applicants seeking to negotiate a different hours opportunity.
Our client is a leading independent provider of specialist neurological care and rehabilitation for people aged 18 onwards with physical conditions, restricted mobility, difficult and diverse behaviours.
Providing a full range of services to adults living with neurological conditions including; Dementias, Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Korsakoffs syndrome, Traumatic brain injury, in addition to providing rehabilitation services for adults after brain injury, spinal injury and stroke
This centre of excellence strives to nurture dignity and independence, working with both the service user and their families to create personal prescribed care programmes tailored to suit the service user’s needs.
The MDT comprises; a Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist, Clinical Neuropsychologist, Consultant Neuropsychiatrist, Speech and Language Therapist, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist and Assistant Psychologists, assisted by Therapy Technicians, Therapy Assistants and Activities Coordinators.
You will work alongside the Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist and Clinical Neuropsychologist who will provide direct clinical supervision.
The role will include;
– Involvement in MDT meetings, providing neuropsychological assessment, formulation and interventions, meeting face to face with patients to provide a range of treatments, working with mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, adjustment, insight and awareness work.
– Cognitive and compensatory skills in addition to development and implementation of behavioural approaches.
– Report writing and attendance at care reviews.
– Supervision of Assistant Psychologists.
Clinical Psychologist or Neuropsychologist with full HCPC registration
Experience of working with adults living with dementia or other neurological conditions
Knowledge of safeguarding procedures and of carrying out assessments under the Mental Capacity Act
Being involved in Best Interest meetings and decision making.
Independent and non time-limited permission to undertake employment in the UK is a requirement of this role (not requiring a certificate of sponsorship)
Besides a bespoke training and development program, the additional benefits of working for this company include:
– Occupational pension scheme with employer contribution
– Up to 33 days annual leave; paid sick leave, and financial recognition for long service
– Accident and illness insurance scheme
– Childcare vouchers
– A health cash plan which provides cash contributions towards health maintenance costs including dental and optical.
– Life insurance cover and death in service benefit
– Employee assistance programme; 24 hours, 365 days a week
– Subsidised meals
We are a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of Psychology staff
As a nurse-led consultancy our detailed understanding of the complexity of such roles places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Recruiting Managers.
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit www jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.