Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Consultants in Palliative Care Medicine to join the team at our client’s Hospice Outpatient and Day Unit based in Central London (Travelcard Zone 1).
This role is within easy reach of TfL and National Rail services
This is a full-time permanent role with options for flexibility on rota and appliants seeking a part-time opportunity with salary pro-rata at the above FTE salary are welcome to apply
Reporting to the Medical Director, you will –
– have clinical responsibility for patients accepted by the Outpatient and Day Unit
– provide cover for the Consultant in Palliative Medicine responsible for the Community Specialist Palliative Care Team and Hospice Inpatient Unit.
This specialist 17-bedded inpatient unit is part of a charitable Hospital complex, established for over 160 years and offers comprehensive palliative care to a wide variety of patients with life-limiting illnesses – treating over 4,000 patients and their families each year.
With the belief that their patients are entitled to live life to the fullest throughout their illness with dignity, empathy and respect – this unique London centre of excellence offers a very high standard of end-of-life care.
– Qualified Medical Practitioner
– Full GMC registration
– Entry on GMC specialist register for Palliative Medicine or CCT (due within 6 months of interview) or has a CESR
– Membership of relevant Royal College or equivalent
– Excellent clinical skills with extensive experience in palliative medicine
– Ability to supervise the clinical work of consultants, doctors in training and other staff
– Evidence of critical thinking, ability to apply evidence to practice and of under and/or post graduate teaching
The additional benefits of working for this organisation include:
– Private medical cover, including dental
– A choice of pension schemes, including continuation of NHS pension if applicable
– A relocation package for applicants moving from outside London
– Gym membership, for you and your partner
– Critical illness and Life assurance cover
– Childcare vouchers
– Employee ‘service excellence’ recognition rewards
– Discounts at local, national and online shops
– Interest-free season ticket loans & ‘cycle to work’ ‘scheme; helping you commute and keep fit for less
We are a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of Oncology & Palliative Care clinical staff.
As a nurse-led consultancy our detailed understanding of the complexity of Palliative Care roles places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Recruiting Managers.
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.