AfC employees in Guernsey awarded a further 5.8% from the 1st January 2024.
We are seeking a capable and experienced Band 6 Deputy Manager to join the Supported Living team, within the Adult Learning Disabilites service on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
The Team offers supported living accommodation at two sites where residents have a range of care and support services delivered to their door from an on-site care and support team.
The Supported Living Team promote active support and independence within the scheme, in people’s homes and in the wider community. The service has amenities on site which include a restaurant and a hairdressers open to both residents and the public.
In supporting the Service Manager you will:
– undertake the assessment of service users with complex needs.
– guide, advise and direct other staff in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care received by service users.
– contribute to the recruitment and retention of team members
– undertake the professional development review process with identified team members. Support staff with performance issues developing plan to address developmental needs.
– act as a professional role model for junior staff, promoting high standards of practice and strong professional values.
– act up as necessary in the absence of the manager.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfCbanding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The Guernsey Band 6 salary range from 1st Jan is £43,954 to £59,343 plus an annual bonus of £1,605 and higher unsocial hours enhancements; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbor town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
This unique integrated health service delivers a diverse range of services including diagnosing and treating patients in the island’s acute hospital complex, and supporting people with in the wider community.
Providing an excellent Learning Disabilities Service, supported by modern equipment and reliant on Healthcare professionals recruited to a high standard.
Registered Nurse or Allied Health Profesional with full registration with the NMC or HCPC.
Post-graduate Learning Disabilites experience at senior Band 5 or Band 6-equivalent level.
Completion of a recognised Teaching and Assessing/Mentorship qualification.
To hold a driving licence.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– An annual bonus of £1,350
– Registered Nurse applicants will recieve an additional £3,000 bonus on completion of two, then four years service.
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000*
– Three months initial free accommodation*
– On-site Staff Accommodation or a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.