Our client is the major Health facility on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands;we are seeking a committed and experienced Band 6 Deputy Ward Manager to join their Older Adult Mental Health Acute Assessment Ward team.
The Ward is a 8-bedded unit, dedicated to assessment of patients over 75 presenting with a full range of mental health conditions.
You will support and deputise for the Ward Manager as required, providing senior leadership to the team and take a lead role in service management and delivery acting as a role model in establishing standards for professional practice within the Unit.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The current Guernsey Band 6A Deputy Ward Manager salary range is £43,160 to £57,708 plus an annual bonus of £1,517 and higher unsocial hours enhancements; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave.
The Island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
This unique integrated health service delivers a diverse range of healthcare services within the hospital, and supporting people in the wider community.
The Older Adult Mental Health Service has a four in-patient centres; including the assessment ward through to the later stages of an individual’s experience of dementia, as well as Community Day Services.
They have recently launched their Island-wide Dementia Framework; striving to make the island Dementia Friendly so that their older population feel valued and are treated with the dignity and respect that they so rightly deserve.
All of this is reliant on the excellent calibre of Nurses recruited to a very high standard.
– Registered Mental Health Nurse with full NMC Registration.
– Current Band 6 Older Adult Mental Health experience.
– Experienced in deputising for the Ward Manager in their absence.
– Completion of Mentorship qualification.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– A generous bonus scheme; £1,517 annually and an additional £3,000 at completion of 2 & 4 years (ongoing annual bonus thereafter)
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000*
– Three months initial free accommodation*
– On-site Staff Accommodation or a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.