We are seeking a Band 6 Functional Family Therapist to join the Children & Family Community Services Therapies Team on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
The Functional Family Therapy Team which is a newly developed service area within Children & Family Community Services
You will be trained in the Functional Family Therapy Child Welfare (FFT-CW) licenced model.
The target population for this programme are children and young people up to 17 years of age alongside their parent/caregivers and wider family members.
The structured programme aims to assist and support families to make positive changes in their homes and a typical treatment process consists of approximately four – six months of weekly at home sessions to support families in the following: –
-Increase knowledge of child development and the impact of trauma.
-Strengthen parent/child relationships.
-Enhance parent/carers skills for managing children’s behaviours.
-Support parents to cope with the stress of parenting.
-Improve family dynamics and communication.
-Establish a safe, stable and supportive home environment.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The Guernsey Band 6 salary range from 1st Jan is £43,954 to £59,343 plus an annual bonus of £1,605
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS or Local Authority service for annual leave and sick leave
– A professionally-registered qualification; Family Therapist, Mental Health Nurse, Social Worker etc
– Experience of working directly with children, young people and families, demonstrating an ability to listen to, and communicate effectively, with an understanding of areas of difficulties in relationships and family life.
– Knowledge and experience of the impact of trauma on a child’s functioning.
– Driving Licence
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– An annual bonus of £1,605
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000*
– Initial on-site Staff Accommodation*
– A generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.