We are seeking an experienced and committed Head of Occupational Health to lead the Service on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands. This is a Band 8A role.
The service covers provision of Occupational Health delivery to; Health & Social Care and Education departments, with other island service areas and non-government business on a sessional basis.
The team headcount is six staff and is supported by two visiting Occupational Health Medical Consultants.
As the successful applicant you will;
– oversee the strategic and operational management of the occupational health service in line with the Human Resources Strategy, Organisational objectives and financial resources.
– provide expert clinical and professional advice to the States Departments and external clients on matters relating to employee health and well-being, in line with Statutory, National and Local legislation and guidance.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale. The current Band 8A salary is up to £67,429 plus an annual bonus of £1,350 (note: 2022 salary negotiations are currently in process)
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbor town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
NMC-registered Nurse including the Specialist Community Public Health part of the register.
Relevant post-graduate qualification in Management
Senior experience in either a Health and Social Care or local government setting background.
A full job description is available on application
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– A generous bonus scheme; £1,350 annually
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT.
– A relocation payment of £5,000 with a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– Ongoing on-site Staff Accommodation available
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.