We are seeking a committed Healthcare Assistant to join the growing Hospice-at-Home team with our charity partner the Arthur Rank Hospice.
With a base at the state-of-the-art Hospice in South Cambridge the Service delivers exceptional end-of-life care throughout South Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire.
With a commitment to flexible working there are opportunities for full-time and part-time roles and for both day and night duty.
The basic salary is up to £21,150, unsocial hours are paid at 36% for week nights and Saturday, with 72% for Sundays and Bank Holidays.
The Hospice at Home team provides specialist hands-on care and support in people’s own homes or usual place of residence, when they are approaching the end of their life.
Learn more about opportunities with this outstanding service here “We can teach the palliative care skills, but what we can’t teach is how to be kind and how to be compassionate. How to go the extra mile and how to make every moment matter”
– You will provide safe, effective and responsive care that meets the physical, spiritual, emotional and social needs of patients and their families/carers.
– You will work directly and alone with patients and families in their own homes, on a shift basis (08:00-22:00).
– You will have some relevant Care experience, not necessarily in Palliative Care
– You will have experience of working independently and have self-awareness relating to death and the dying process
– You will have the ability to empathise with the needs of the clients and to work under pressure and in difficult/emotional situations
Plus a wide range of employee benefits:
– Personal Pension Plan (with ability to retain membership of NHS Pension Scheme)
– Employee Assistance Programme
– Cycle to Work Scheme
– Study leave
– Lease cars (eligibility criteria applies)
– Generous holiday entitlement
– Staff Survey and staff Forum
– Access to Occupational Health Services
– Ongoing training
– Payroll Giving option
– Group Life Assurance
– Long Service Awards
– Social events
– Christmas savings scheme
– Staff discounts to our in-house Bistro and Salon.
We are a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of Oncology & Palliative Care clinical staff.
As a nurse-led consultancy our detailed understanding of the complexity of Palliative Care roles places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Recruiting Managers.
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com