We are seeking a capable and committed Band 6 Senior Staff Nurse to join our client’s Critical Care team. Our client is the major health facility on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
The Unit comprises eight beds; four level 3 and four level 2 beds. Nurse patient ratio of 1:1 (ITU) 1:2 (HDU)
The department has demonstrated year-on-year impressive outcomes comparable to much larger specialist centres. As part of the hospital expansion there is a new 12-bedded state-of-the-art Critical Care Unit build in progress due to open in 2023.
The Unit is Consultant-led with a growing Advanced Critical Care Practitioner (8A) team
Reporting to the Band 7 Sister/Charge Nurse you will:
– deliver individualised patient care based on principles of best practice through developing a theoretical knowledge base for the care of patients with acute physiological needs. This includes an in depth knowledge of ventilation, sepsis, renal replacement therapy and a thorough understanding of acute cardiac interventions, meeting the National Critical Care Competencies.
– act as a role model to less experienced nursing staff and participate in the development of departmental initiatives to enhance Critical Care.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The current Guernsey Band 6 salary is up to £49,449 plus an annual bonus of £1,350 and higher unsocial hours enhancements; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
This unique integrated health service delivers a diverse range of services including diagnosing and treating patients in the island’s acute hospital complex, and supporting people with in the wider community.
Providing an excellent Critical care, the Unit is supported by modern equipment and reliant on Healthcare professionals recruited to a high standard.
Registered Nurse with full registration with the NMC.
At least two years’ Critical Care experience, with at least one year UK-based.
Nurses with experience in a High Dependency, Coronary Care or similar Critical Care setting who are keen to transfer skills to an ICU setting are also welcome to apply
Experienced in taking charge in the absence of the Sister/Charge Nurse.
Completion of a recognised Teaching and Assessing/Mentorship qualification.
The benefits of working for The States of Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– A generous bonus scheme; £1,350 annually and an additional £3,000 at completion of 2 & 4 years (ongoing annual bonus thereafter)
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000*
– Three months initial free accommodation*
– On-site Staff Accommodation or a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.