We are seeking a committed and experienced Nurse Specialist in Long Term Neurological Conditions to join our client’s Primary Care team. Our client is the major Health facility on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
This appointment shall provide clinical nurse leadership and act as a role model in expert practice facilitating and supporting the delivery of effective service user care.
– act as a case manager, co-ordinating assessments and care packages for service users with complex disability needs.
– develop and monitor clinical governance proposing and implementing improvements where they are required.
– develop partnerships with providers of services to people with disability on and off island.
– provide education and training to staff, carers, and students
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale, as above.
The current Guernsey Band 7 salary range is £50,030 to £65,789 plus an annual bonus of £1,517 and higher unsocial hours enhancements; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH. *Note, salary negotiations currently in process.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
This unique integrated health service delivers a diverse range of services including diagnosing and treating patients in the island’s acute hospital complex, and supporting people with in the wider community.
Providing excellent care, supported by modern equipment and reliant on Healthcare professionals recruited to a high standard.
Registered Nurse with full registration with the NMC
Current or recent experience at Band 6 level or equivalent in a transferable Long Term Neurological setting
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrate a positive and flexible approach to working practice and evidence of responding to service needs.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– An annual bonus of £1,350
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000*
– On-site Staff Accommodation – three months free*
– A generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.