We are seeking a capable and experienced Band 6 Occupational Therapist to join the Adult Learning Disabilites service on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
– work as part of the multi-disciplinary team within the Therapy and Enabling Team, Adult Disability Service.
– manage a defined caseload, using evidence based/client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
– maintain clinical records and participate in service development and evaluation of Occupational Therapy within Adult Community Services Directorate as appropriate.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The current Guernsey Band 6 salary range is £41,544 to £56,090 plus an annual bonus of £1,517 and higher unsocial hours enhancements; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbor town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
This unique integrated health service delivers a diverse range of services including diagnosing and treating patients in the island’s acute hospital complex, and supporting people with in the wider community.
Providing an excellent Learning Disabilities Service, supported by modern equipment and reliant on Healthcare professionals recruited to a high standard.
Occupational Therapist with full HCPC registration.
Current or recent Learning Disabilities and/or Autism-specific experience.
Knowledge and understanding of application of the Occupational Therapy process, including assessments and interventions relevant to Learning Disability (LD) & Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD).
To hold a driving licence.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– An annual bonus of £1,350
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000*
– Three months initial free accommodation*
– On-site Staff Accommodation or a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.