Offering a fantastic opportunity to experience a typically Australian lifestyle without the ever-increasing cost of major Australian capital cities – applications are invited from experienced Occupational Therapists to join the Hospital-based team based in the stylish city of Hamilton, at the centre of the famous Western District in the state of Victoria.
Hamilton has a population of 10,000 and is located 291 km (180 miles) west of Melbourne via the regional cities of Ballarat or Geelong.
The salary range is $90,700 to $99,855 Australian dollars (approx. £48,000 to £53,000 £GBP) based on a years experience scale.
Their dynamic Occupational Therapy Department is committed to developing the future workforce and offering diverse career pathways.
This position will provide an opportunity to accelerate your development by rotating across a range of clinical areas on offer including inpatient, rehabilitation, transitional care, community, aged care, and paediatrics.
A hospital was first built in 1864 on the site of the current state-of-the-art facility serving the wider Western District and includes some smaller outlying rural ‘cottage’ hospitals with a patient catchment of over 16,000.
Inpatient facilities include; Theatre complex with on-site CSSD, Level 3 ICU, A&E, Chemotherapy Oncology Centre, Dialysis Unit, General Paediatric Ward, Maternity and Neonatal Unit, Medical Ward and Surgical Ward.
The busy Pharmacy, Imaging and Therapies departments employ a wide variety of Allied Health Professionals, including Occupational Therapists.
An extensive outpatient and community health program assists local residents to remain healthy and safe at home for as long as possible.
Hamilton offers an active lifestyle for couples or singles and particularly for young families seeking to enjoy a typically Australian lifestyle but avoiding the ever-growing cost of living in major Australian cities especially Melbourne while enjoying a sophisticated lifestyle in a friendly, welcoming community.
Hamilton has four Secondary Schools as well as a number of stand-alone primary schools and a wide range of sporting opportunities for adults and children alike.
– Occupational Therapist with at least two years UK experience ideally with some Hospital and Community experience.
– Australian AHPRA Nursing registration in process, or willingness to commence this immediately.
– A genuine desire to experience practicing in a supportive new country and sharing the values of strong teamwork and commitment to providing person-centred high-quality healthcare to the local community.
The benefits on offer include:
– Relocation package; flights, transfers and initial accommodation for you (and your family if applicable)
– Visa/immigration costs for you and your family (and your family if applicable)
– Reimbursement of AHPRA registration
– Salary packaging options of $11,660
– Assistance with ongoing accommodation
– Vehicle leasing options
We are a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of Healthcare staff both within the UK and internationally.
As an nurse-led consultancy our detailed understanding of the complexity of such a significant professional move places us in an excellent position make this the best possible experience for you.
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.