We are seeking a Mental Health-experienced Occupational Therapist to join the Inpatient Mental Health team on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
The service comprises; one 17-bedded Acute ward for all working-age patients requiring a period of inpatient stay, and four Older Adult wards.
The MDT comprises; Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Mental Health Nurses and Support Workers.
As Band 6 OT you will;
– undertake the assessment of service users with complex care needs including individuals with undifferentiated and undiagnosed conditions.
– manage a defined caseload, using evidence based / client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions
– provide leadership and support for junior staff and students and contribute the specialist skills of an OT to the multi-disciplinary team (MDT)
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The current Guernsey Band 6 salary is up to £49,449 plus an annual bonus of £1,350 and higher unsocial hours enhancements; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave
This unique integrated health service delivers a diverse range of services including diagnosing and treating patients in the island’s acute hospital complex, and supporting people with in the wider community.
Guernsey provides excellent Mental Health and Occupational Therapy care, supported by modern equipment and reliant on Healthcare professionals recruited to a high standard.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
Qualified Occupational with full HCPC registration.
At least two years post-registration experience, including some mental health experience.
The ability to manage own defined caseload
Experienced in supervision of Students and OT Assistants, and assisting in the orientation of junior qualified OTs.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– An annual bonus of £1,350
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000
– A generous allowance for private rental accommodation
– On-site Staff Accommodation may be made available for the initial period while transitioning into private accommodation
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
We are a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of qualified Allied Health Professionals.
As a nurse-led consultancy, our detailed understanding of the complexity of the OT role places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Therapy Recruiting Managers.
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.