We are seeking a committed and experienced Principal Therapeutic Practitioner to join the Reparative Care Service, part of Children and Family Community Services on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
This is a Band 8A role with a salary of up to £67,429, plus an annual bonus and £5,000 relocation package with two years private rental allowance.
The role is part of a MDT including: team manager, social workers, therapeutic support workers, occupational therapist clinical psychologist and child psychologist and comprises approx. 60% caseload and 40% management and supervision.
– You will provide leading specialist therapeutic services primarily for children and young people in addition to working with families and carers who have been referred to the team with the aim of promoting placement stability and good outcomes for looked after children and adopted children through the provision of effective, timely and evidence-based support.
– You will also take a lead role in overseeing the delivery of the NSPCC Letting the Future In therapeutic intervention programme.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
The States of Guernsey delivers an excellent Children and Families Service, supported by professionals recruited to a very high standard.
This includes undertaking work with children subject to care requirements in accordance with the Children (Guernsey and Alderney) Law 2008.
The Law has introduced fundamental and significant changes to how concerns relating to children and young people are dealt with and is based broadly on the Children’s Hearing System in Scotland.
– Qualified Psychologist, Mental Health Nurse or Social Worker with full UK statutory registration.
– A post-graduate qualification in at least one of the following; Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, A trauma therapy, Family/systemic therapy, Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy or Theraplay.
– Highly specialist knowledge and experience with a range of counselling procedures and techniques and significant experience of working with children in foster care and or adopted children.
– Experience of applying safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures
– Be in possession of a clean and current car driving licence; own vehicle required, (mileage expensed at full rate)
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000*
– Temporary initial staff accommodation then a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.