We are seeking a capable and experienced Band 6 Learning Disabilities Nurse to join the Therapy & Enabling Team as Deputy Manager on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
The team provides daytime care for Adults with a Learning Disability aged 18+ with input from Speech & Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Social Work.
The Nursing and Support team comprises three Band 5 Team Leaders and 25 Support Worker for which you will share the management of with the Team Manager.
This is a weekday roles hours 08:00-17:00 with no weekends
In supporting the Team Manager you will:
– undertake the assessment of service users with complex needs and to develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care to meet these needs.
– take the lead in the promotion of the health and well-being of service users and their significant others, ensuring that health promotion is incorporated in the planning and delivery of care.
– act as a professional role model for junior staff, promoting high standards of practice and strong professional values.
– act up as necessary in the absence of the manager.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfCbanding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The current Guernsey Band 6 salary range is £41,544 to £56,090 plus an annual bonus of £1,517
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbor town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
This unique integrated health service delivers a diverse range of services including diagnosing and treating patients in the island’s acute hospital complex, and supporting people with in the wider community.
Providing an excellent Learning Disabilities Service, supported by modern equipment and reliant on Healthcare professionals recruited to a high standard.
Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse with full NMC registration.
Post-graduate experience at senior Band 5 or Band 6 level in an enablement setting.
Completion of a recognised Teaching and Assessing/Mentorship qualification.
To hold a driving licence.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– An annual bonus of £1,517
– An additional £3,000 bonus on completion of two, then four years service.
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000*
– Three months initial free accommodation*
– On-site Staff Accommodation or a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.