We are seeking a committed and enthusiastic Systematic Anti-Cancer Therapy (SACT) trained Oncology Nurse to join the Oncology service at our client’s large acute hospital site, situated in beautiful Oxford, Oxfordshire
This is a full-time role but we are equally interested in hearing from applicants who may be seeking a part-time hours opportunity.
This organisation is Britain’s largest not-for-profit healthcare organisation.
A key provider of independent healthcare in the UK, working with many of the South East’s eminent consultants and a broad spectrum of experienced healthcare specialists.
Supported by the Oncology Manager, you’ll have autonomy but also within a cohesive team to utilise your acquired expertise and skills to make decisions that will ensure the delivery of excellent patient care.
The work is exciting, varied and challenging, the multiple specialities will enable you to develop new skills and grow.
The role of a SACT (systemic anti-cancer therapies) nurse is to provide care for cancer patients receiving chemotherapy or one of the new treatments (e.g. immunotherapies) and is a challenging and rewarding field of nursing.
As part of the Consultant / Nurse-led service, you will be working directly with some of the best clinical talent around, gaining experience with new practices, equipment and facilities.
Some of the key duties, but not limited too are;
– Administering SACT
– Assisting consultants during Clinics
– Providing care for Acute Oncological emergencies.
– You’ll interact with practitioners from other departments because you understand the importance of continuity in patient care.
– Registered Nurse with full NMC registration.
– Current or recent experience in an Oncology setting with some experience in SACT
– To have or be working towards a SACT Qualification
– To work flexible hours to suit the department Monday to Friday
– To be an excellent communicator and team worker – flexible and motivated.
– Have the ability to fully assess each patient’s needs and provide tailored treatment plan and care.
Besides a highly professional work environment, the additional benefits of working for this company include:
– The additional benefits of working for this company include:
– Continuing professional and career development
– Generous holiday and leave arrangements
– Flexible pension options
– Life assurance and healthcare schemes
– Health assessments (after a qualifying period)
– Free membership for Health Fitness & Wellbeing Centres, with heavily subsidised memberships for family.
– Cycle to work scheme
– Childcare vouchers
– Employee assistance programme for professional advice and counselling – legal, financial, etc.
– Employee discounts on a wide range of products or services
We are a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of qualified Clinical Healthcare staff.
As a nurse-led consultancy, our detailed understanding of the complexity of the Infection Control role places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Recruiting Managers.
We are also able to provide reasonably priced professional local staff accommodation for applicants who may be considering relocation for any of our positions.
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com