AfC employees in Guernsey awarded a further 5.8% from the 1st January 2024.
We are seeking an experienced Band 8A Clinical Pharmacist to join the Hospital Pharmacy team, to develop and deliver an antimicrobial stewardship improvement plan, within the major health facility on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
This is a newly created role, to join the established team of 6 Band 8 Clinical Pharmacists who each oversee a specialist area for approx 50% of time, the remainder working across the dispensary and hospital wards.
The role will entail working as part of the multidisciplinary team within the hospital to develop and improve antimicrobial stewardship activities.
It will also involve helping to reduce development of resistance by promoting stewardship ideals and reducing inappropriate consumption of antimicrobials.
Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager, as a key member of the Infection Control Team you will;
– support the consultant microbiologists and infection control team in developing a hospital wide culture that reduces hospital acquired infection and supports prudent use of antimicrobials.
– work as part of the multidisciplinary team within the hospital to develop and deliver an antimicrobial stewardship improvement plan.
help reduce development of resistance by promoting stewardship ideals and reducing inappropriate consumption of antimicrobials.
– plan and undertake or support others in the hospital to undertake clinical audit relating to antimicrobial use, deliver and undertake training relating to use of antimicrobials.
– provide clinical support as a senior pharmacist to the dispensary team.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The Guernsey Band 8A salary range from 1st Jan is £67,355 to £80,716 plus an annual bonus of £1,605 and higher unsocial hours enhancements; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
This unique integrated health service delivers a diverse range of services including diagnosing and treating patients in the island’s acute hospital complex, and supporting people with in the wider community.
Their Pharmacy Services provides excellent care, supported by modern equipment and Pharmacists and other Healthcare Professionals recruited to a very high standard.
Qualified GPhC-registered Pharmacist.
Extensive clinical hospital pharmacy experience, including broad knowledge base of clinical pharmacy across a range of specialties.
In-depth post registration experience of antimicrobial stewardship in a NHS hospital (or equivalent) setting.
Completion of a post-graduate qualification in Clinical Pharmacy, or relevant post-grad qualification.
Experienced in Clinical Audit.
Non-medical Prescriber qualification (or willingness to complete).
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– An ongoing annual bonus of £1,605
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000*
– On-site Staff Accommodation or a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.