We are seeking a committed and experienced Senior Staff Nurse or Paramedic to join the day-duty Community Palliative Care Response team based out of our client’s Hospice based in Watford, Hertfordshire/North London borders.
This is a full-time post on a 24/7 rota, but we are open to hearing from candidates seeking to negotiate a part-time hours opportunity.
The day service covers shifts between 08:00-22:00, the night shift is 22:00-08:00
As this role delivers services in the community it is essential that you are a car driver and have access to vehicle.
– deliver high quality Palliative and End of Life nursing care as part of the Community MDT; coordinating assessment, planning and evaluation of individualised patient centred care.
– being responsible for the coordination and smooth running of a shift and visits ensuring it is well organised.
– ensure a holistic approach that is sensitive and responsive to the patients ever changing needs.
– maintain a respectful non-judgemental and caring attitude ensuring the Hospice vision and philosophy of care.
This employer is a leading UK Charity dedicated to providing patient-centred palliative care for all those who need it in Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire.
The Hospice is based in a former Hospital with a long history going back a century, now a fully modernised and renovated facility within the confines of in a neo-Classical style listed building.
Recently refurbished, it provides a calm and comfortable environment. All rooms are en suite rooms on the ground floor with a secluded garden area.
Patient facilities include Rehab and Wellbeing groups, Complimentary Therapy, Gym and creative arts workshop.
The Community Palliative Care Response team (PRT) delivers individualised care for patients, their families and carers supporting their wishes and preferences at home.
Registered Nurse or Paramedic with full UK statutory (NMC/HCPC) registration as applicable.
Minimum of 2 years Palliative Nursing Experience or evidence of transferable experience
Nurse prescribing Qualification or willingness to complete.
The additional benefits of working for this organisation include:
– a supportive environment
– personal and professional development
– flexible working
– generous annual leave entitlement
– NMC registration fees paid
– opportunity to sustain your NHS pension
– passionate team with quality at the heart of what we do
We are a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of Oncology & Palliative Care clinical staff.
As a nurse-led consultancy our detailed understanding of the complexity of Palliative Care roles places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Recruiting Managers.
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.