AfC employees in Guernsey awarded a further 5.8% from the 1st January 2024.
We are seeking a committed and experienced Social Worker to join the Adult Community Services Team providing a high quality research based casework service to service users.on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
Based in the Integrated Adult Community Care Team, reporting to the Social Work Manager, you will:
– provide a high quality research based casework service to service users.
– provide consultation, support, specialist advice and joint working within the integrated services to deliver person-centered care and support.
– be based within an identified team, acting in an advisory capacity to members of the multidisciplinary team on social care issues relating to adults, educating or acting as a mentor as appropriate.
– provide training, consultation and supervision as delegated by the Senior Practitioner for less experienced social workers, support workers and student social workers.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The Guernsey Band 6 salary range from 1st Jan is £43,954 to £59,343 plus an annual bonus of £1,605 and higher unsocial hours enhancements; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
The States of Guernsey delivers a diverse range of healthcare; their Social Work service provides excellent Adult Community care, supported by Social Workers recruited to a very high standard.
Qualified Social Worker with current (or eligible for) Social Work England registration.
Current or recent Adult Community sector experience, including managing own caseload.
Ability to make judgments and decisions with confidence.
Be in possession of a clean and current car driving licence; own vehicle required, (mileage expensed at full rate)
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– An annual bonus of £1,605
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000*
– Initial on-site Staff Accommodation*
– A generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.