We are seeking a committed and experienced Social Worker to join the Children & Family Community Services Team on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
The salary for this post is £42,206 up to £48,965 with an option to move to the higher salary scale (currently £50,352 – £53,166) after one year in post.
– You will assist in the provision and further development of an effective Multi Agency Support Hub (MASH) service for children and families within the service.
– You will work closely with other agencies, professionals and members of the public and also to assist in the provision of an effective Children and Families Social Work Service.
– You will undertake child protection investigations, early help assessments and work with children in need, children in need of protection and children subject of Care Requirements in accordance with the Children (Guernsey and Alderney) Law 2008.
– You will rotate between the MASH and the Children’s Locality Teams and be line managed by the Practice Manager or Deputy Manager of the MASH or Locality Team.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
The States of Guernsey delivers a diverse range of healthcare; their Social Work service provides an excellent Children and Families Service, supported by Social Workers recruited to a very high standard.
This includes undertaking work with children subject to care requirements in accordance with the Children (Guernsey and Alderney) Law 2008.
The Law has introduced fundamental and significant changes to how concerns relating to children and young people are dealt with and is based broadly on the Children’s Hearing System in Scotland.
Qualified Social Worker with current full UK statutory registration
Minimum of one year post-registration UK experience.
Experienced in Child Protection investigations.
Ability to make judgments and decisions with confidence.
Be in possession of a clean and current car driving licence; own vehicle required, (mileage expensed at full rate)
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000*
– Temporary initial staff accommodation then a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.