AfC employees in Guernsey awarded a further 5.8% from the 1st January 2024.
We are seeking a capable and experienced Band 6 Speech & Language Therapist to join the Adult Learning Disabilities service on the beautiful Island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands.
– assess, diagnose, treat and discharge adults with learning disability and/or autism referred with speech, language and communication difficulties, and dysphagia.
– work as part of the multi-disciplinary team within the Therapy and Enabling Team, Adult Disability Service to promote communication through both individual and systemic team working.
– help to drive forward service change which is much supported by our service users and their families.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The current Guernsey Band 6 salary range is £41,544 to £56,090 plus an annual bonus of £1,605 and higher unsocial hours enhancements; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain’s finest and best-kept beaches, an especially mild and sunny climate, and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter’s Port, the island’s capital.
This unique integrated health service delivers a diverse range of services including diagnosing and treating patients in the island’s acute hospital complex, and supporting people with in the wider community.
The States of Guernsey provides an excellent Learning Disabilities Service, including a new state-of-the-art Autism Hub, supported by modern equipment and reliant on Healthcare professionals recruited to a high standard.
Speech & Language Therapist with full HCPC registration.
Current or recent Learning Disabilities and/or Autism experience, including Dysphagia
A positive attitude and be able to demonstrate experience in a range of communication interventions and have a passion for embedding inclusive communication approaches.
To hold a driving license.
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
– A higher-than-UK salary.
– An annual bonus of £1,350
– A flat rate 20% income tax.
– No Council tax or VAT
– A relocation payment of £5,000*
– Three months initial free accommodation*
– On-site Staff Accommodation or a generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
– A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit jarrodean.com
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.